Are you struggling to keep your clients and transition them to Telehealth? Have you come to virtual practice reluctantly and need the right information?
Come to Fundamentals of Online Therapy training and learn how to safely and effectively deliver Online Therapy.
In this new training event, PACFA and AOTT have combined to present the AOTT Level 1 Online Therapy course.
Renée McDonald and AOTT have been running Online Therapy and Telehealth practice courses for the past four years. AOTT’s courses are regularly updated and upgraded to reflect the changing market in the virtual space. This course will be run by AOTT Trainer, Annette Eriksen, as an introduction to Online Therapy. Both Renée and Annette are PACFA Clinical members.
The course covers the basic, fundamental and foundational online therapy skills that are required to start a thriving online therapy practice, with the essential tasks and legislation embedded throughout. What is included in the course for PACFA learners?
- 10 hours of live, interactive, online training
- A learner booklet of 89 pages, including 18 pages of academic reference materials.
- An additional 2 hours of professional development by completing the assessment activity - this also gives you accreditation by AOTT which involves listing as an Accredited Level 1 Online Therapist on the AOTT website and use of the AOTT logo for marketing purposes
- This course counts as 10 hours of Category A CPD or 12 hours of Category A CPD if the assessment activity is completed.
In this training, you will learn about:
- Working with presence – what is virtual presence? … And how can we attend to it in the online space?
- Holding the virtual space and why it’s important
- Suicidal clients online
- Client assessment
- How to be a grounded practitioner when working online – in times of crisis, trauma & grief
- Online disinhibition
- Cybertrauma – what is that?
- Specific paperwork – contracting and what works
- Learning about different online systems, services and platforms
- Discover the differences between platforms like Skype, Zoom, Gotomeeting, Gotowebinar,Google Hangouts and others.
- To Skype or not to Skype?
- Rural, regional and globally using online therapy - how to do it
- A look at globalisation and trends in the online space
- Learn about tips, tricks and pitfalls for using Online Therapy
- Australian Government regulations for online work
- Contracting with clients - helpful, useful information and possible documentation
- Research – what is the latest research about Online Therapy and its efficacy.
- Getting adequate Online Supervision
- Practical information – where you can learn as you go through exercises, videos and new learning.
- All different forms, modes and methods of Online therapy and Telehealth practice will be discussed.
Sessions: 28th April, 30th April, 5th May, 7th May 6:30pm-9:00pm AEST
Annette is an International EAP Counsellor, Online Therapist, and Career Coach, running her own company “My Free Range Career Pty Ltd”. She is a lead online trainer and facilitator for AOTT. She is a clinical member of PACFA in Australia and ACTO across Europe. She is a qualified and accredited Online Counsellor and Psychotherapist from training providers in Australia and the United Kingdom and was a board member of ACTO (the Association for Counselling and Therapy Online, in Europe). Her colourful journey has allowed Annette to find her niche, her life-calling, as an online trainer and counsellor, and she loves to help others experience the tremendous flexibility, freedom and satisfaction this brings.
Cancellations made 5 or less working days prior to the course commencement date are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to a future course or event.
Cancellations of more than 5 working days may apply for a refund.