The Conference Committee provides expert guidance on the development of the conference program for the next conference taking place in Adelaide in 2022.
Nigel Polak (Conference Convenor) is a psychotherapist in a mostly online private practice working with individuals, couples, supervisees and groups, and is an academic teacher and supervisor in the School of Counselling at the Australian College of Applied Psychology. Nigel has more than 25 years of experience working in and leading diverse justice, families, welfare and educational organisations. He has had prior careers with IBM and Telstra, and as a solicitor, Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner and mediator. He is a member of both the PACFA College of Counselling Leadership Group and Chair of the 2022 Conference Committee. He recently moved from Melbourne, Victoria to the mid-north coast of NSW and so brings an understanding of issues facing both regional and metropolitan practitioners.
- Dr Alexandra Bloch-Atefi – Research Committee representative
- Pat Bradley – SA Branch representative and PACFA Board
- Tony Clarkson – Expert in professional development
- Brian Gabriels – SA Branch representative
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee members
Committee members will share equally in the agreed roles and responsibilities of Committee members. These are detailed below:
- Decide the conference theme
- Determine the overall structure of the conference program to get a coherent mix of papers and workshops across multiple conference streams, including a research stream
- Identify keynote and invited speakers, and presenters of pre-conference workshops
- Invite the above speakers and presenters once they have been approved by the Board and in accordance with the approved budget
- Review Abstracts in accordance with the abstract review guidelines
- Decide the full conference program
- Allocate responsibility for introducing speakers and presenters at the conference
- Introduce conference presenters at the conference (as allocated)
For any Conference enquiries please email the PACFA office.