The following PACFA Board position are election positions:
- President (must be an existing Board member)
- Vice President
- Counselling Representative
- Psychotherapy Representative
The next Board elections will take place electronically prior to the PACFA Annual General Meeting in October 2020.
Eligibility to nominate for the PACFA Board
To nominate for the PACFA Board, Nominees must be Eligible Members of the PACFA Member Congress. Eligible Members are members with voting rights on the Member Congress (as outlined in the PACFA Constitution) by virtue of being:
(a) An Individual Member of PACFA who meets the PACFA Training Standards or equivalent
(b) A Member of a PACFA Member Association who meets the PACFA Training Standards or equivalent
(c) A PACFA Board Member
(d) A Chair of PACFA Standing Committee
All nominees to the Board must have at least two years’ experience of PACFA through involvement in the PACFA Council, a PACFA Committee or a PACFA Working Party, or through serving on the executive of a PACFA Member Association or the Leadership Group of a PACFA Division or Sub-division.
Nominees must also meet the following requirements under the PACFA Constitution:
Nominees must be a current member of the PACFA Board
Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer
Nominees must be eligible for PACFA clinical registration and of good standing within the counselling and psychotherapy profession.
View the Vice President Position Description
View the Treasurer Position Description
View the Secretary Position Description
Nominees must be qualified counsellors who are eligible for PACFA clinical registration and of good standing within the counselling profession.
View the Counselling Representative Position Description
Nominees must be qualified psychotherapists who are eligible for PACFA clinical registration and of good standing within the psychotherapy profession.
View the Psychotherapy Representative Position Description
How to nominate for the PACFA Board
1. Review the Position Description for the Board position or positions for which you wish to nominate.
2. Ask another Eligible Member of the Member Congress to nominate you
3. Complete the Board Nomination Form
4. Both you and your nominator must sign the Board Nomination Form
5. As the nominee, you are requested to provide a Candidate Statement of up to 300 words, outlining your qualifications and experience and why you wish to nominate for the Board
6. Return the Board Nomination Form to the PACFA Office at email@example.com by Thursday 3 September 2020.
Download the 2020 Board Nomination Form