Delivering a safe, high quality and ethical therapy service online requires understanding the differences between providing therapy face to face and online.
It also requires being confident to use appropriate technology and an understanding of the importance of secure connectivity.
In 2020 PACFA compiled a list of the basics of delivering therapy online.
With clinical counsellor Fiona Griffith, we also delivered a 2-hour webinar on what you need to know about delivering therapy online, which includes:
• How the online space can impact the therapeutic relationship both positively and negatively.
• How do you assess for client suitability for online therapy?
• Which digital modes are you willing to work with?
• What are the new ethical considerations to be aware of?
• What new boundaries need to be set up?
• How does your online counselling contract need to be different from what you use face to face?
Watch the webinar.
If you need more training on working in the online space our course ‘How to provide counselling and psychotherapy using online technologies’ is being run in September and November 2021. Places are limited so register ASAP to avoid disappointment.
Register for the September course.
Register for the November course.