The College of Psychotherapy is a national College, dedicated to supporting psychotherapists and advancing the practice of psychotherapy in Australia.
A Leadership Group has been established to lead the College and to plan activities for College members. The College has also established its Terms of Reference.
Activities may include:
- Providing continuing professional development
- Providing opportunities for networking and peer support
- Building a vibrant community of practitioners who identify as psychotherapists
- Providing resources to the community about psychotherapy modalities and accessing psychotherapy services
- Developing and promoting practice standards and guidelines
- Sponsoring and fostering psychotherapy research
- Providing opportunities for psychotherapists in regional and rural areas to participate
To contact the College of Psychotherapy Leadership Group, email [email protected]
There are eight psychotherapy modalities within PACFA which have been invited to participate in the College of Psychotherapy. Of these, six have now officially decided to be part of the College of Psychotherapy:
How do I join?
You can join the College as a Clinical member, which includes use of the Registered Clinical Psychotherapist (RCP) title.
Please note Student, Affiliate members and Certified Practising Members are not eligible to join the College of Psychotherapy.
If you wish to join, we will require further information from you. Please review the RCP application guide and fill in the application form once you have prepared all the necessary information. View the College of Psychotherapy Training Standards.
Individual PACFA members receive membership of one PACFA College included with their membership. If individual members wish to belong to more than one College there is an annual fee payable as detailed in the Schedule of Fees.
Members of PACFA Member Associations who are listed on the PACFA Register may also join the College of Psychotherapy. There is an annual fee payable as detailed in the Schedule of Fees.
College of Psychotherapy Members also receive and are encouraged to use an exclusive digital badge denoting their status as a Registered Clinical Psychotherapist.
For membership enquiries, please contact: [email protected]