Interested in the ground-breaking use of psychedelic medicines in therapy for conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety and addiction?
Several PACFA members have expressed interest in establishing an interest group to discuss this innovative area of practice development. If you would like to join this group or support its establishment please complete this form
to be kept up to date.
You may also be interested in attending Mind Medicine Australia’s inaugural Summit on Psychedelic Medicines for Mental Health, to be held online on 19 and 20 November 2021.
PACFA is excited to be a partner of the summit, which will feature a mixture of international and national keynote speakers, master classes, panel conversations, and Q & A sessions. PACFA members are also invited to an introductory workshop for therapists and health professionals on psychedelic therapies to be held online on 17 and 18 November, 2021, just before the summit.
Key themes of the summit will include:
● Ethical, legal, and implementation frameworks for psychedelic treatments
● The current state of mental health in Australia and existing treatments
● Clinical outcomes of psychedelic treatment for mental illness
● Therapeutic mechanisms, enhancing effectiveness and minimising risks of psychedelic treatments
● The way forwards for Australia: Challenges and preparation towards creating a new paradigm
● Creating the future: What the psychedelic industry will look like 5 years out?
PACFA members are eligible for a 10% discount on tickets to both the summit and workshop. Please use the code MMA2021 to apply the discount. You can purchase tickets here.
Read more about Mind Medicine Australia and the summit.